OEFFA is sponsoring a program in Athens on Thursday called: Who’s in Charge? 70,000 Miles of Proposed Pipelines in Ohio.
Ohio University, Porter Hall, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 20
Speakers include Ted Auch of FracTracker Alliance, Nathan Johnson of the Ohio Environmental Council and Athens-area business woman Christine Hughes.
More and more wells are being drilled in Ohio to hydraulically fracture, or frack, natural gas out of the ground. In addition to production and injection wells, the energy industry is now weaving a web of pipelines across Ohio to transport this oil and gas to other states and countries. Pipelines are built in communities with little to no warning or oversight of the accidents that can and do occur.
The discussion will include:
- New proposed pipelines in Ohio
- How state and federal agencies regulate pipelines
- Impacts to farm owners and land owners
- Eminent domain and your rights
- When you need to speak to an attorney