Our politics and government are only as good as those who participate. The Ohio Farmers Union urges all Ohioans of voting age to become informed on issues and vote in every election. Beyond staying in touch with OFU issues via this website, there are several other important steps you can take to make a direct impact on public policy:
- Join the Ohio Farmers Union – OFU is a membership organization and we are only as strong as our numbers and our members’ commitment to pitch in. Your membership dues allow OFU to maintain a presence on Capitol Square in Columbus where we directly participate lobbying on your behalf with legislators and state agencies. Your dues also pay for our research and communications efforts including the member publication the Ohio Country Messenger and this website. Farmers Union staff and volunteers also bring local programming and educational opportunities to communities all over Ohio including legislator townhalls, federal and state farm policy seminars and summer day camps for kids. Finally, you’ll enjoy some other great benefits of membership such as discounts on home, farm and health insurance. Join Today!
- Talk to your state legislators – When you find an issue you believe is important, use the information we provide to contact your state representative or senator and tell them how you feel. These folks work for us and constituent communication has an impact on their decision making. You can search for your state representative or senator by zip code. Whether you write a letter, send an email, call them or schedule a visit you will know you’ve been heard.
- Contact a local member of the Ohio Farmers Union – If you’re not sure about membership or have joined OFU and want to be involved in one of our many Ohio county organizations you can find your local OFU chapter officers here.
- Read the OFU Blog for all the latest news from OFU and the National Farmers Union.
- Research and stay informed – Pay attention to what is going on in the national, state and local news media. You can also use the links below to check out some of the sources of information we follow.
Helpful Online Resources
- The National Farmers Union
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Ohio Department of Agriculture
- Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- Ohio Environmental Protection Agency
- U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. Senate
- Ohio House of Representatives
- Ohio Senate