The Ohio Dept. of Agriculture has announced that the Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board will hold five information meetings for the public in late August through September.
In 2009, Ohio voters approved State Issue 2 which put in place the board to create state standards for the care of livestock. There are two statutory spots on the board for “statewide farm organization.” The Ohio Soybean Association and the Ohio Farm Bureau hold those positions. Dominic Marchese of Farmdale and a Farmers Union member holds one of the “family farmer” slots on the board.
ODA said in a press release that the information sessions are set to last two hours and will provide for time for questions and comment from the public. ODA said that the sessions will include a presentation on new livestock care standards rules.
The schedule for the information sessions is as follows:
- Wednesday, August 24 6:00 – 8:00 p.m., Hillsboro, Southern State Community College (Auditorium), 100 Hobart Drive
- Wednesday, August 31 6:00 – 8:00 p.m., Wooster, Ohio State University OARDC (Shisler Center Ballroom), 1680 Madison Avenue
- Wednesday, September 14 6:00 – 8:00 p.m., Lima, Independence Elementary School, 615 Tremont Avenue
- Tuesday, September 27 6:00 – 8:00 p.m., Zanesville, Ohio University – Zanesville Campus (The Campus Center T430 & 431), 1425 Newark Road
- Thursday, September 29 6:00 – 8:00 p.m., Fort Recovery, American Legion, 2490 State Route 49 N.
Leave a Reply