Sponsored by the Ohio Farmers Union and the Ohio Environmental Council, the Farm Solutions and Opportunities Forum will present those attending with the current science regarding Lake Erie’s harmful algal blooms, the context of agriculture in the lake region and what farmers are doing to mitigate nutrient runoff from their lands. The forum will provide opportunities for citizens in the western basin of Lake Erie to learn more about this vital watershed and farmers will get the latest information on best practices and state and federal programs that may be put to use on their farms.
- Dr. Jeffrey Reutter, Ohio Sea Grant
- Greg LaBarge, OSU Extension
- Jocelyn Henderson, ODNR, Division of Soil and Water
- John Wilson, Natural Resources Conservation Program, USDA
- Chris Gibbs, Ohio Farm Service Agency, USDA
- Joe Logan, Ohio Farmers Union
- Adam Rissien, Ohio Environmental Council
The event will be held Thursday, February 26 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Putnam County Educational Service Center, 124 Putnam Parkway, Ottawa, Ohio. Registration is free and open to the public. Registration for the forum may be made by contacting Linda Borton, Ohio Farmers Union at email@example.com or at 800-321-3671. Lunch will be provided for registrants.