We know that CAUV valuations have been a hot-button issue for many family farmers in Ohio over the past few years. The latest information is here. In addition to that, here are three documents released by the Ohio Dept. of Taxation in May 2015:
It was a long and sometimes ridiculous process but we have a new Farm Bill. If you’re wondering where you can go to find out what’s in the new law, here’s a list of links:
- There are many links and documents on the U.S. Senate Ag Committee’s Farm Bill page
- If you want to keep it somewhat simple, here’s a document that is a summary of each title and major provisions prepared by Senate Ag
- If you’re into all the details, here’s a link to the final bill text, which is a conference report. Conference reports are the documents that reconcile competing House and Senate versions of legislation. The conference report becomes the final bill and is voted on by both houses.
- Here’s a summary of the bill prepared by the House Ag Committee
- The National Farmers Union has this page devoted to the Farm Bill
- The Congressional Budget Office’s score, or budgetary impact, of the bill